The Logic of Religion
What is religion? How have views of religion changed over the centuries? How can we understand religion in the modern, secular, oftentimes anti-Catholic world? These are some of the fundamental questions we will be considering in this course.
Eight 1-hour Lectures
- What is Religion?
- Classical Attitudes Toward Religion
- Hellenism and Christianity
- Early Christian Speculations
- Christian Conceptions of Belief
- Modern Interpretations of Religion
- Immanuel Kant: His Philosophy of Religion
- Edith Stein: The Convert in Search of Illumination Assessing the Value of Religion