Lecture 10: Assignments and Readings
Jordan Aumann, O.P., Spiritual Theology (Huntington, Indiana: Our Sunday Visitor, 1980), Chapter Ten: “The Theological Virtues” and Chapter Eleven: “The Moral Virtues.”
Possible Writing Assignments
1. Why is charity called the “form” of the all other virtues?
2. What is the general relation between the Virtues and the Gifts of the Holy Spirit?
1. Pieper, The Four Cardinal Virtues, translated by Richard and Clara Winston (New York: Harcourt, Brace, and World, 1965)
2. Romanus Cessario, O.P. The Virtues, or the Examined Life (New York: Continuum, 2002)
3. Servais Pinckaers, O.P., The Sources of Christian Ethics, translated by Sr. Mary Thomas Noble (Washington, D.C.: The Catholic University of America Press, 1995).