Lesson 9: Education
- 1. Aristotle's Politics VII.1; 13-15; VIII.1-7
- 2. Aquinas 29-32 (ST I-II Q 92)
- 3. Man and the State, chap 5, end: 119-126
- 4. Philosophy of Democratic Government 260-322
B. WRITING ASSIGNMENT (3 page paper on one of the following)
- 1. Discuss Maritain's account of the role of religion in teaching the "democratic creed."
- 2. Discuss some of the obstacles to the education of free men noted by Yves R. Simon.
- 3. Why does Aristotle think that liberal education is so important to the city?